This has been one exciting year! For one, I relaunched this blog! I used to be at Annamotion.com, but once I decided this is something I want to continue on with longterm I worked hard to focus and develop my brand, then relaunched here (TheReelAnna.com!) on September 1st, 2017! With that in mind, many of the stats listed below started at zero from the time of my relaunch.
I’m proud of myself for working hard to consistently bring new content to my blog; however, now that I have more time to give to this blog I want to put even more focus on my marketing so people can find my content in the first place. So you will see below that I have set some very big goals for this year in regards to increasing the number of followers I have on each of the social media platforms I am currently on.
I want you to know that I care about each and ever one of you. YOU are the purpose of my blog! I want to help you understand who you are and cultivate who you want to be. So when I say I want to increase my number of followers, my goal is not to just increase NUMBERS. There’s no heart in that and it would be pointless. My goal is to increase the number of REAL PEOPLE. I want to reach the kind of people that could truly benefit from my words and resources I have here. I want to help more and more people. I’d rather have 5 people faithfully read my blog and be positively affected by it than to have 5 THOUSAND followers as just numbers on the screen. YOU matter to me.
With that said, I will be putting some new lessons I’ve learned into practice to target the people who could benefit the most from my website. I will also continue networking and forming REAL relationships, as well as encouraging engagement from those who already follow me so we can get to know each other better. I also hope to implement the use of more video on social media and in ads so people can more easily feel like they know me personally by being able to see my face and hear my voice.
Another big goal for 2018 is to publish my first for-sale eBook. I wrote my first small eBook for you for free during my relaunch (you can still access it on my resources page if you’re subscribed to my email list), but I’ve been working on another eBook that will be my first to be up for sale. It will also be the first of many to come! My dream is to fill my store with all kinds of eBooks to give you the resources you need at an affordable price.
Thank you for being a part of this amazing year! I look forward to learning and growing with you in 2018!
At the end of 2017 my total stats are as follows:
- 84 posts (25 new in 2017)
- 128 e-mail subscribers
- 129 Facebook likes (I switched to a new FB page this year)
- 914 Twitter followers
- 405 Instagram followers (I switched to a new IG page this year)
- My #1 referrers (in this order) are currently: Facebook (by a longshot!), Instagram, Twitter, search engines, Pinterest
Highlights of 2017:
- I relaunched my blog!!!! I went from Annamotion.com to here (TheReelAnna.com)! I invested money into the new website, logo, brand designs, about page, and more.
- I had a successful month-long relaunch party with over $300 in giveaways. I gained 50+ new Instagram followers and over 500 new Twitter followers during 2 of my giveaways. I also setup some of my giveaways as a way to gain feedback and I did, indeed, gain some great feedback that will help me with some future blog posts! I also made some great connections and gained some new faithful fans 🙂
- I launched my 1st store! With 3 printable card designs and 2 bookmarks!
- I created my very 1st eBook to go along with my relaunch series on authenticity. You can still grab it free on the resources page by subscribing.
- I updated and edited EVERY SINGLE blog post I’ve ever written and updated all of my old resources.
- I hit a new record number of 766 views on relaunch day, September 1st, 2017.
- DOUBLE the amount of e-mail subscribers on my list
- Increase my followers (prioritized in this order):
- I will be giving extra attention to Instagram with a goal of hitting 1k followers
- I will be giving more time and effort on Pinterest and will work toward increasing traffic from Pinterest to my blog by 300%, with a secondary milestone goal of becoming at least my #2 referrer.
- I will increase my Twitter followers to 1.5k
- I will increase my Facebook page likes to 1k and create more videos and ads.
- Develop a solid work-week routine (i.e. write on these days, schedule social media posts on this day, content plan every x months, etc.) and regularly be at least 1 month ahead.
- Launch my first service through this website (I’m keeping this secret while I continue developing it).
- Sell all of my current stock of bookmarks.
- Create a new eBook to be sold in my shop (and possibly Amazon). Begin working on a 2nd.
- Create 2 new printables for my shop.
- I really need to redirect my Annamotion website to this website. I get a good amount of daily views on some of my old posts on Annamotion because they’re on the 1st page of Google. I need to figure out how to redirect that traffic to here and help Google recognize this new website.
- Most of my images are still pulling from Annamotion; I need to switch them out for the images under this new url before I shut down my old website.